784 calories • 28g carbs (7g fiber) • 45g protein • 56g fat
212 calories • 8g carbs (2g fiber) • 12g protein • 15g fat
• 212 calories
• 8g carbs (2g fiber)
• 12g protein
• 15g fat
- 1 1/2 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) Tomatoes (183g)
- 3/4 strip cooked Bacon (6g)
- 1 1/2 large Egg (75g)
- 3/8 tbsp Olive Oil (5g)
- optional - 1 dash Salt (0g)
- optional - 1 dash Black Pepper (0g)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until desired crispiness is reached. Drain on paper towels before chopping; set aside.
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes off. Using a paring knife, spoon, or fork, clean out the inside of each tomato — think of it as creating a tomato ramekin.
- Evenly divide the diced bacon between the four tomatoes. Beat four eggs separately and pour one by one into each tomato ramekin, right on top of the diced bacon.
- Divide the ghee/oil evenly between the four filled tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the tomatoes to taste.
- Place the tomatoes in a Pyrex baking dish and bake for 40 or 50 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. Enjoy hot.